4201 Grant Line Rd
Central to Susan Turnball’s message is the fact that “a family’s wealth is more than money.”
Wealth encompasses values, stories, relationships, and wisdom—not just assets.
Charitable Gift Planners of Kentuckiana is pleased to have Susan Turnbull present a half-day conference
offering a fresh take on the meaning and dimensions of legacy. Susan’s dynamic presentation and engaging
materials will enable non-profit gift planners, as well as financial, estate planning, and philanthropic advisors, to
better engage with donors and clients in conversations about both the tangible and intangible aspects of their
“I still remember the emotional response the audience had to Susan’s presentation. Fundraisers and Advisors alike were inspired to frame the meaning of legacy in a new and powerful way.”
– Anne Monell, Louisville Seminary
“I had the opportunity to participate in one of Susan Turnbull’s ethical will writing workshops – it was inspiring, heartfelt, and respectfully delivered.”
– Shannon Kisselbaugh, Heuser Hearing Institute
• Gain an understanding of the concept of “legacy” that is helpful and actionable for development professionals to bring into conversations with donors
• Learn practical methods for initiating and exploring the topic of legacy with donors to deepen donor relationships and help donors find a focus for their giving
• Get hands-on practice in a conversational technique that engages donors in active reflection on aspects of their history, their values and their reflections on legacy
• Advance their understanding of the historical, legal and literary dimensions of non- binding instruments of self expression and communication relevant to estate planning: ethical wills, letters of donor intent and letters of wishes to trustees or successors
• Use tools developed by Susan Turnbull in a number of interactive exercises
• Appreciate with new eyes their own capacity for making a difference in both their professional and personal lives
• Be eligible for CFRE, CLE, and CFP® credits
Scholarship Opportunities Available:
Thanks to a grant from The Hibel Family Foundation, we are offering scholarships to attend the conference free of charge to small-to-medium sized non-profit organizations, with an emphasis on persons who identify as a minority or serve a minority community. Submit an application or email CGPK for more information. Application deadline is Friday, October 21, 2022.
Group Registration Discount Available:
A group discount is available for organizations registering 4 or more individuals. Email CGPK for more information.
More About Susan Turnbull:
Susan Turnbull is the founder and Principal of Personal Legacy Advisors. A professional writer, speaker and workshop facilitator, she is the author of The Wealth of Your Life: A Step-by-Step Guide for Creating Your Ethical Will, co-author of Across Generations: A Five Step Guide for Creating an Expression of Donor Intent and the designer of the Life Legacy Cards and the Life Legacy Conversations tool, all designed for those who agree that personal wealth has tangible and intangible dimensions.
In her fresh take on the meaning and dimensions of legacy, Susan’s dynamic presentations and engaging materials appeal to audiences of financial, estate planning and philanthropic advisors, as well as their clients and donors. Her work has been featured in many national publications, including The New York Times and USA Today.
Susan is a member of the Purposeful Planning Institute, the Boston and Essex County Estate Planning Councils and the Personal Historians Network Northeast. A graduate of Colby College, she and her husband live in Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA.
In addition to conducting workshops and presentations, Susan provides private coaching services on an hourly basis for individuals, couples and small groups who wish to write their own legacy documents but would find structure and guidance helpful.
THANK YOU TO OUR CONFERENCE SPONSORS
Registration cancellations must be made by the Friday before the conference date (October 28, 2022). No refunds will be issued after that time. You may send a colleague in your place. Please send all changes to email@example.com.